The ESTIV 2016 Congress will be a four-day event with ample opportunities to learn about shifts in research and interact with delegates in the field of toxicology.
The draft program includes five key elements:
• An exposition hall for sponsors
• Thematic platform sessions
• Scientific poster viewing breaks
• Social event, dinner and party
• Technical training session
The congress starts Monday, October 17, 2016, with participants registering for the event, the first set of platform and poster presentations and a keynote lecture during the opening ceremony. The congress will end Thursday, October 20, 2016. However, participants are welcome to sign-up for a Post-Congress Workshop held on Friday October 21, 2016: Practical Training Course on In Vitro Lung, Dermal and Ocular Toxicology.
Emphasis will be specifically on how new technologies can strengthen the interpretation and application of in vitro methods in toxicological risk assessment. The following topics will be highlighted during the platform presentations and include:
• Carcinogenesis (Pre-congress workshop)
• Extrapolation, modelling and distribution
• Systemic toxicity
• Endocrine disruptors
• Emerging technologies for in vitro tissue/organ and toxicity
• New developments in cell bioengineering and self-assembly
• Regulatory updates (validation, integrated testing strategy, regulatory application)
• Debate session: Application of IATA in a regulatory context: prescriptiveness versus flexibility and cost versus coverage
• Student sessions:
- Job opportunities and career exploration
- Young speaker session
• Practical Training Course on In Vitro Lung, Dermal and Ocular Toxicity (Post-congress workshop)
Peer-reviewed proceedings of the congress will be published in a special issue of Toxicology In Vitro.